WhatsApp Business API: Everything Important You Need To Know
WhatsApp messaging app is used by over 2 billion people for more than 100 billion messages daily, making it an ideal tool for businesses to communicate with their customers.
If you want to understand what is WhatsApp Business API, how it works, its key feature, the major components of a WhatsApp Business Account, and whether it is suitable for your business or not, you’ve come to the right place.
We aim to convey everything important you need to know about WhatsApp Business API before you start.
What is WhatsApp Business API?
WhatsApp API was developed and launched to assist medium to large companies that wanted to use the messaging app to communicate with multiple customers. The companies can achieve this goal through automated replies, chatbots, and interactive messages.
In a nutshell, WhatsApp Business API helps businesses create personalized communication flow and experiences that work best for their customers.
WhatsApp Business API & WhatsApp Business App
WhatsApp offers two solutions to businesses for effective, instant, and reliable engagement with their customers. One is WhatsApp Business API, and another is WhatsApp Business App.
If you wish to know the difference between these two and want help deciding which one’s better for your business, we recommend reading WhatsApp Business API or App: What’s the best for your brand?.
The Components Of A WhatsApp Business Account
There are two primary components of WhatsApp Business API:
- WhatsApp Business Profile
- Phone number
WhatsApp API for Business: Business Profile
This information is beneficial for optimizing your business. WhatsApp Business Profile offers customers essential information about your business, such as description, address, email, website, etc.
This information will help connect your WhatsApp profile with your brand, explain your service on this channel, and present customers with alternative ways to reach you or learn more.
WhatsApp Business API: Phone Number
A phone number that can receive calls or SMS should be associated with your WhatsApp Business account.
Convex Interactive advises using a phone number that’s not in use for another WhatsApp Messaging app or WhatsApp Business App account.
Phone number migration from the App to API is possible, but going back from the API to App is not allowed by WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Business API’s key features
While it offers an unlimited number of features, here’s a collection of some of the most prominent key features:
- Straightforward integration with various tools like CRM, analytics, and third-party apps. However, you should be mindful of a few things before integrating CRM with WhatsApp Business API.
- Green Tick verified WhatsApp Business Profile.
- Messages Broadcast for bulk notifications.
- No App or Interface, use via BSPs or CRM.
- WhatsApp Chatbot & interactive messages support.
- Multiple agent access simultaneously for customer support.
Is WhatsApp Business API suitable for you?
Businesses with 1-5 people can usually manage with the WhatsApp Business App. However, switching to WhatsApp Business API is ideal as the business grows.
Here are some key factors to keep in mind before deciding to use WhatsApp Business API for your business:
- First, you are a large business with at least more than 300 active customers.
- You want to send automated notifications to your customers (status notifications, purchase updates, etc.)
- You wish to acquire new customers, improve customer support, or offer a personalized buying experience through WhatsApp.
- You require more than 2 people to manage your expected conversation volume.
- Average conversion and response time are crucial to your business, and you need a third-party automation tool to enhance team efficiency.
- You require a WhatsApp conversational commerce and an automation platform.
Setting up WhatsApp Business API In 10 Minutes
It will take 10 minutes to sign up for WhatsApp API using Convex Interactive. After signing up, you’ll be able to set up and start using your WhatsApp Business API account within 30 minutes.
To get WhatsApp API Access on Convex Interactive, you need to follow these steps:
- Arrange a Phone Number (which should not be registered to an existing WhatsApp Account).
- Sign up for Whats Business API Provider. You can sign up & choose a plan here.
- Complete Facebook Business Verification.
- After you make a payment, you are redirected to the link that allows you to connect with your Facebook Business Manager.
- Click on “Continue with Facebook.”
- Continue with your Facebook login.
- On the next page, click on “Get Started.”
- Proceed to link with your Facebook Business Manager.
- Create a new Facebook Business Account or link an existing one.
- Create a new WhatsApp Business Account (also called WABA).
- Proceed to Step 2 once the account has been set up.
- Fill in your WhatsApp Business Display Name.
- Choose your Industry Category and proceed.
- Add your WhatsApp Number and choose the verification method as “SMS” or “Voice”.
- Input the 6-digit verification code.
- Click on “OK” on the last step.
After completing these steps, you will get your account details via email within 30 minutes.
Benefits of using WhatsApp Business API
Here are some of the most common benefits of using WhatsApp Business API.
- Instant responses – Businesses can automate interactive, engaging, and dynamic customer responses.
- Personalized experiences – Businesses can reach out to their customers in their regional language for enhanced customized experiences.
- Respond to FAQs – Self-serving queries can be answered through automated responses.
- Post-sale support – A primary goal of using WhatsApp API, businesses can immediately provide post-sale support over the channel.
- Transform marketing – Showcase your business in front of millions of users through proactive marketing and messaging.